-->

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pretty as Chalk

There's something about chalk's simplicity and innocence as it lends itself to a nostalgic part of grade school. With a shed full of milk glass, Chris and I have moved on to collect chalk boards. It doesn't take much money to create beautiful, delicate, personal touches with chalkboards.

Here's my inspiration:


Top: A beautiful custom chalk sign at a wedding reception in a deli.
Middle Left: I'm a sucker for anything with Peonies and these framed chalkboard table numbers are perfect.
Middle Right: How cute is this? A wedding word search. Fun, cute, and personalized.
Bottom: Another custom chalk wedding piece with a vintage flair. Love.

Chris and I bought a simple little chalk board for fifty cents at a garage sale. I painted the natural wood frame white with a few coats of acrylic paint. Then I bought a set of chalk markers online. I'm not super happy with the brightness of the pink (it's like neon Vegas sign fuchsia), so I may stick to the white to give it an authentic chalk feel.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover