-->

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm Engaged!

All the things we've grown accustomed to seem more whimsical and romantic. Holding hands. Cooking dinner for each other.  Long convo's over Skype while I'm gone on vacation. Sweating our guts out doing P90X in my living room. Well, scratch that. Not so romantic, no matter what the season.

I wish you could see my coffee table...
We've got Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, Pacific Weddings (the only bridal magazine in Jamaica), Real Simple Weddings, and The Knot. 

My Pinterest is blowing up with color palettes, bridesmaid dresses, and decor inspiration. 

I apologize that it took me three weeks to announce this.

All I can say is that I am READY to feel no shame in posting wedding related things. 

The abbreviated story:
One of our friends, a photographer, needed some couple shots to "build his portfolio," and "asked us to do a photoshoot" in YBor City. What I didn't know was Chris had set this all up beforehand. At one point we were standing in the median under the bridge that says Centro YBor and Chris tells me his shirt pocket won't button. So, I start messing with the snap button and look down to see a ring pass from one hand to another. I thought he had taken my promise ring off, but then it hit me. I started saying, "Are you serious? No way! You are joking!" The best part is that I start playfully (or maybe slightly violently) pushing him and muttering all these things in disbelief. It was surreal. He got down on one knee. Will you marry me?

"Of COURSE!"

What a fantastic season of life we are in. I love him so much. 
Thank you God for my best friend.



1 comment:

  1. congratulations!! how exciting!!

    we also wanted to let you know we love your blog so we added it to our blog roll. have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover