-->

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pillows and Amps

So, here I am in Nashville. I'm sitting in an almost furniture-less room among pillows, pedals, and amps as two of my long lost friends are jamming out on the acoustic and electric. 

A year and a half ago, this was my everyday life. The only worry on my mind was writing that "perfect" song or performing without a hitch. So much has changed. I'm pursuing life as a graphic artist, amongst many other things. However, I'm realizing that along the way that I've lost my passion for writing, recording, and performing. 

I've been going through a writing dry spell in the last few months, due to putting music on the back burner. Even sitting here I just want to go grab a guitar and write for like ten hours. Being around musicians is just so contagious. I need times like these to wake up the words and melodies that are in hibernation in my head. 

As I packed for this trip, I found myself being a little bit of a graphic design addict. I actually made a pretty little organized list of all my items. My own personal inventory. 


I apologize for the randomness of this post, but I'm just relaxing and taking in all the music surrounding me--I couldn't help but share this happy, excited, mesmerized feeling. The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover